How to install vim in linux
To install Vim on Linux, you can follow these steps:
1. Open a terminal window. You can typically do this by searching for "Terminal" in your application launcher.
2. Update the package lists for upgrades and new package installations by running the following command:
sudo apt update
3. Once the package lists are updated, you can install Vim by running the following command:
sudo apt install vim
If prompted, enter your password. The installation process will begin, and you may be asked to confirm the installation by pressing 'Y' and then pressing Enter.
4. Wait for the installation to complete. Once it finishes, Vim will be installed on your Linux system.
5. You can verify the installation by opening a terminal and typing:
This command will display the Vim version and other relevant information if the installation was successful.
That's it! You have successfully installed Vim on your Linux system. You can now use the `vim` command in the terminal to launch the Vim text editor.
Date: 20 June 2023 Comments: 0